We are pleased to announce the release of Apache Axis2/C version 1.6.0.
You can download this release from
1. Support for one-way messaging (In-Only) and
request response messaging (In-Out)
2. Client APIs : Easy to use service client API and
more advanced operation client API
3. Transports supported : HTTP
* Inbuilt HTTP server called simple axis server
* Apache2 httpd module called mod_axis2 for server side
* IIS module for server side. Supports IIS 5.1, 6 and 7.
* Client transport with ability to enable SSL support
* Basic HTTP Authentication
* Digest HTTP Authentication
* libcurl based client transport
* CGI interface
4. Transports supported : HTTPS
* HTTPS Transport implementation using OpenSSL
5. Transports supported : TCP
* for both client and server side
6. Transports supported : AMQP
* AMQP Transport implementation using Apache Qpid
* Available only in Linux platforms.
* At an experimental stage. Please refer the INSTALL file to
7. Transport proxy support (HTTP)
* Proxy Authentication (Basic/Digest)
8. Module architecture, mechanism to extend the SOAP processing
9. WS-Addressing support, both the submission (2004/08) and
final (2005/08) versions, implemented as a module.
10. MTOM/XOP support.
11. AXIOM, an XML object model optimized for SOAP 1.1/1.2 messages;
This has complete XML infoset support.
12. XPath support for Axiom XML Object model
13. XML parser abstraction
* Libxml2 wrapper
* Guththila pull parser support
14. Both directory based and archive based deployment models for
deploying services and modules
15. Description hierarchy providing access to static data of Axis2/C
runtime (configuration, service groups, services, operations and
16. Context hierarchy providing access to dynamic
Axis2/C runtime information (corresponding contexts to map to
each level of description hierarchy)
17. Message receiver abstraction
* Inbuilt raw XML message receiver
18. Code generation tool for stub and skeleton generation for a given
WSDL (based on Java tool)
* Axis Data Binding (ADB) support
19. REST support (more POX like) using HTTP POST, GET, HEAD, PUT and
* Support for RESTful Services
20. Comprehensive documentation
* Axis2/C Manual
21. WS-Policy implementation called Neethi/C, with WS-SecurityPolicy
Major Changes Since Last Release
1. XPath support for Axiom XML object model
2. CGI support
3. Improvements to MTOM to send, receive very large attachments
4. Improvements to AMQP transport
5. Improvements to WSDL2C codegen tool
6. Many bug fixes.
7. Memory leak fixes
We welcome your early feedback on this implementation.
Thanks for your interest in Axis2/C !!!
-- Apache Axis2/C Team --
Web Services in C, REST, SOAP and WS-*
Tuesday, April 21, 2009
Axis2/C 1.6.0 Released
Axis2/C 1.6.0 is released today. Release note is given below;